Global Pokemon Union
Welcome to Global Pokemon Union! If you want to post, please log in. Smile If you do not have an account yet please register! It only takes a second and we could always use another active user. Have fun! Very Happy
Global Pokemon Union
Welcome to Global Pokemon Union! If you want to post, please log in. Smile If you do not have an account yet please register! It only takes a second and we could always use another active user. Have fun! Very Happy
Global Pokemon Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to chat, trade, and battle.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Affiliates
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Watch Kirby!
PokeAurA
Pokemon of the Week
Magnemite
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forum Chat
Mono Fire! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 3:56 pm by Crash-Cheetah

» Emanuelle 2000 Film Yukle Bedva
Mono Fire! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 12:11 am by Guest

Mono Fire! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:17 am by Guest

Mono Fire! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 7:26 pm by Guest

Mono Fire! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:53 am by Guest

Mono Fire! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:52 am by Guest

» 3gp Video Bokep Anak Semarang In Action
Mono Fire! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 7:25 pm by Guest

» 3gp Video Bokep Anak Semarang In Action
Mono Fire! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 7:24 pm by Guest

» Touchstone Workbook 3 Pdf Download
Mono Fire! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 11:16 am by Guest

Poll
POTW #18?
Baltoy
Mono Fire! Vote_lcap17%Mono Fire! Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Rampardos
Mono Fire! Vote_lcap33%Mono Fire! Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Golem
Mono Fire! Vote_lcap17%Mono Fire! Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Electabuzz
Mono Fire! Vote_lcap33%Mono Fire! Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Weedle
Mono Fire! Vote_lcap0%Mono Fire! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6
Top posters
Doctor_DraX
Mono Fire! Vote_lcapMono Fire! Voting_barMono Fire! Vote_rcap 
swampertchen
silversalamence10
RYU888
TrainerSapph
Emboar
DraX
jd896
Lugia
PokemonDude121
Statistics
We have 581 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcos Vinicius

Our users have posted a total of 27745 messages in 1080 subjects

Mono Fire!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EpicNinjaBear
Turtwig
Turtwig
EpicNinjaBear

Warning Bar :
Mono Fire! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mono Fire! Right_bar_bleue
Cancer Buffalo

Mono Fire! Empty
PostSubject: Mono Fire!   Mono Fire! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:45 pm

I know that fire is a pretty bad type to mono (not that many good pokemon, SR major weakness etc.) but this is a for-fun untested on shoddy team. I might actually try it out though.

At a glance:

-Nightmare-Blaze-Demon-Flare-Phantom-Fatboy-

The lead -

Houndoom (Nightmare)
@Focus Sash
-Fire Blast
-Dark Pulse
-Sucker Punch
-Hidden Power Grass

Naive, 252 SpA, 224 Spe, 32 Attack

This houndoom was designed by Smogon for UU, so I'm not sure if the exact EVs or nature should work for OU. Rash might work as well. Fire Blast is the main STAB and does terrific damage to metagross and makes a large dent in many pokemon coming off that 110 base SpA. Dark Pulse kills Azelf, and Sucker Punch is a very useful option of Azelfs with focus sash and has nice priority and attacking power. Hidden power is for those annoying swamperts.

2. Mixed Sweeper-

Blaziken (Blaze)
@Expert Belt
-Agility
-Superpower/Low Kick
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power Electric/Hidden Power Ice
Rash, 252 SpA, 192 Attack, 64 Speed

Yet another set ripped straight off of UU Smogon. Blaze is the best bet I have against heatran, who pretty much kills my entire team with flash fire and kills blissey, who is a major pain due to the fact that most fire types are special attackers. Blaziken gets very fast and can sweep after the agility. Superpower is for reliability, and the attack drop isn't minded too much because this is primarily a special sweeper. Hp Electric has better coverage with the fire types listed and the ability to beat gyarados, which ressists all other moves on this set, but Blaziken won't mind the ability to beat dragonite.

3.Massive Special Sweeper

Charizard (Demon)
@Petaya Berry
-Substitute
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Dance
-Hidden Power Electric/Rock/Ice
Modest, 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Def

This is an empoleon-inspired Charizard. Everyone knows the common agility sub-petaya bird that comes in and sweeps with a massive surf. This set aims to do the same thing with Fire Blast instead. Substitute is an excellent move to use, giving you a buffer against moves, scouting super effective shots, and hidden powers as well. Its secondary effect actually helps because it gets you into Blaze range and helps activate that petaya berry. With petaya berry attached, Charizard becomes a fearsome sweeper with a 520 SpA with a modest nature. Fire Blast is the main attack of this set, and hits anything, resistances or not, for absolutely massive damage. With 120 base power coming off of that 520 specail attack, that's no joke. Flamethrower is another option if you want the extra reliability, but the extra power will be missed very much, especially with the subtracted burn rate with so many physical pokemon running around in OU. (not that any physically based pokemon will survive it though) Flamethrower still does quite a bit though, and is still an option, especially because a miss almost always leads to the death of this great beast. Fire Blast is more effective on a neutral pokemon than hidden power is on a super effective pokemon, so don't use hidden power elec on a togekiss instead of Fire Blast, for instance.

Dragon Dance is the equivalent of agility for the Empoleon set. It boosts the speed and prevents it from being revenge killed, and even though it seems like a waste of an attack boost, the attack boost actually helps in a different way. Let's say on turn one, you send out charizard against something it can force out, or to bring your hp down and scout your opponent's move. It can also scout the switch to a special wall. Next, you can dragon dance on a wall, say Blissey, which will switch out as well, scared away at the though of eating a STAB +1 boosted Flare Blitz. Charizard will appreciate entry hazards because of the way it forces switches. Because of his fire-flying typing, he will appreciate rapid spin support, though this is not as vital on this particular Charizard set than on most because Charizard is actually trying to get its health down with substitute. It does help for the first dragon dance and can be useful. After Blissey decides to switch in again after figuring out that you tricked her into thinking you have physical attacks as well, the standard 252/0 Blissey will be clean 2Hko’d by Fire Blast. (assuming coming into SR at least once, hopefully twice, petaya berry, etc. there is even a chance that you can kill it without SR, over 60% because of the burn rate. Even without the burn, you have a just under 25% chance of killing it) Most trainers don’t think about blissey not being able to survive 2 attacks by a special sweeper, so With that said, this is a very impressive special sweeper with Blissey out of the game. Other special attackers will also love to have Blissey out of the way, so Charizard can help its teammates in that indirect way.

Roar also has its uses. In particular, it helps take care of Dragonite and Gyardos trying to set up a dragon dance and then outspeed and KO you after they become faster the next turn. This is should only be used after you KO the opponent’s pokemon, not on a switch, because the negative priority could kill the charizard. Roar should only be used with entry hazard support. After the opponent switches in the second time, it should have 50% health after SR. Then, you can kill it without too much difficulty. This also scouts the opponent’s switch in if you come in on something you can force out, but substitute usually does this well enough on its own. It can also help rack up entry hazard damage on pokemon like suicune and vaporeon if you have spikes support.

Air Slash is a possible option but highly inferior to the other two choices in the second slot. It provides coverage with Fire Blast and hidden power, but the coverage is redundant and only attacks pokemon like Swampert and Gyarados that resist your moves depending on what hidden power you have. It’s also useless against Heatran, another massive threat to your sweep with Flash Fire. It also doesn’t trick Blissey into withdrawing and scouting the opponent’s team or with entry hazards.

Hidden Power Grass is an option in the third slot. It kills troublesome pokemon like Swampert who resist fire blast and also pokemon such as Suicune and Vaporeon. Because of the sheer power of this dragon, even bulky pokemon such as these will hesitate to switch into Fire Blast. Infernape is OhKo’d 50% of the time with no entry hazards, and is always KO’d with any amount of spikes or SR. Swampert shouldn’t even be mentioned here, because it is always 2 hko’d by Fire Blast, SR or no. Even the legendary CroCune is 2hKo’d by Fire Blast, though the hidden power can be used for better accuracy. (note that leftovers was not counted in the above pokemon) EVEN VAPOREON IS 2HKO’D OVER 50% OF THE TIME! (No leftover included SR makes it certain, it is actually exactly 50%, but the 30% burn chance on the first turn pushes it even further and the 30% on the second also has a chance to kill it before the turn is over) I originally put this as the first slot before doing the damage calculations, and the massive power still shocks me. The only reason it’s here is because of annoying leftovers.

Hp electric shouldn’t matter too much as well, because a gyarados without leftovers doesn’t stand a chance against this monster. This is an option for gyaradi (is that the correct plural?) with leftovers, but gyarados should surrender now before getting roasted with SR.

Hp ice was mainly for dragonite, but that too, is 2hKo’d by Fire Blast. It’s a good choice for choice scarf flygon on the switch, but you can tie speed with it after a dragon dance and EQ doesn’t work on charizard anyways.

(all calculations above assumed you were fully set up with blaze and petaya)

Hp ground is the best option on this set, because this charizard becomes unstoppable except for Flash Fire. Heatran in particular has this, but any other fire type is killed with Hp ground. Forget about being “walled” by gliscor and others that resist fire blast, if it’s not immune, it’s 2hKo’d. If it’s not resistant, it’s 0hKo’d. If it’s super effective it’s plain dead.

4.Surprise random Pokemon

Typlosion (Flare)
@Salac Berry/Liechi Berry
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Flare Blitz
-Overheat/Hidden Power/Endure/Earthquake/Fire Punch
Adamant/Jolly, 252 attack, 252 Spe, 4 Def

The only reason this might be useful is because of absolute surprise factor. No one ever uses physical Typlosion, a reason that you can surprise them. Come in on something you can force out (celebi?) and hope they switch in a special wall while you throw up a substitute. Focus punch the blissey or heatran, or practically anything else you can hit very hard, and Flare Bitz anything else to get into blaze range or activate Salac Berry. After that, Flare Blitz is suicide, but Typlosion's bad attack won't do much with many other moves, and fire types aren't known for survivability. The last slot kills trouble some pokemon. Overheat kills physical walls once the opponent figures out you aren't using choice scarf, and the special attack drop isn't noticed. In that case, change nature to Naughty or Naive. Hidden power is to kill some other threats, named already in the blaziken section as well as the charizard area. If you are using a special attack in the last slot, also move the defense EVs to SpA. Endure is to grab that salac berry boost if you really need to outspeed and kill the opponent, but its usually not worth the slot. Earthquake is to last ditch attack rock types once you have no substitute, and fire punch is a non-suicide way to reliably damage the opponent. The choice scarf version with Eruption works better than this, but this has the element of surprise, so I wrote it, and also for its novelty.

5. Main Special Sweeper

Ninetales (Phantom)
@Wide Lens
-Hypnosis
-Nasty Plot
-Energy Ball
-Fire Blast
Timid, 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Def

Phantom is my primary sweeper. Put something to sleep, and then nasty plot while the foe is asleep or switches. Energy ball kills water and rock types very well, and the added base power over hidden power makes it a better option over hp ice. Wide lens helps with the crucial first turn of putting the opponent to sleep, and then has the added effect of upping fire blast's accuracy. The only thing that stops this is choice scarf and faster pokemon that hit hard.

6. Counter and Last Resort

Heatran (Fatboy)
@Leftovers
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Substitute
-Explosion
Naive, 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Def

Before I even introduce the last member of my team, I would like to say that I hate heatrans. (please do not criticize me for what I am about to say) Heatrans are ugly, require no skill or prediction, and for this reason I don't use heatran on any other team but this one. The only reason I use it is because of its useful typing and the normalness to SR. I don't use stall teams, and playing offensively is simply more fun than defense. (which also explains my lack of walls and only offensive pokemon; the other part is that fire pokemon are generall offensive) As a result, all of my teams are offensive. Substitute is useful when the opponent switches, and eases prediction. Fire Blast is simply massive in power. Earth Power has nice coverage, and explosion is to kill troublesome pokemon, hence the name Fatboy. (one of the atomic bombs dropped in WWII, and also, heatran to me looks fat)

Last Comments:

If you have seen this team, your primary question may be "Why isn't infernape here?" My answer is simple. After a traumatic childhood incident, I have fostered a bias, fear, and general animosity against all monkeys. I don't use them, period. Even though I see their uses and even though I got over my hatred of heatreans to use one, I will simply not use a monkey.

I am considering replacing either typloshion or heatran with a choice scarf moltres, because after charizard is dead, choice scarf flygon and dugtrio will run right over this team. Also, moltres packs quite a bit of power. I might consider using sunny day, but water isn't used too offensively in OU bar rain teams, which a mono-fire team stands no chance against anyways. Heatran also might receive a choice scarf. I might also want arcanine now that I think of it. Excellent power and good stats instead of surprise typlosion.

This team is untested on shoddy (or PL now), but I might give it a try to see how it works out competively. Again, I know about the lack of fire-type and how bad of a type it is to mono, but this is a for-fun team anyways.

Please rate!

--EpicninjaBear (DrewNightmare)

Note: The extremely long section on charizard was because I copy pasted it from a different thread to put it on this team.
Back to top Go down
Doctor_DraX
Metagross
Metagross
Doctor_DraX

Warning Bar :
Mono Fire! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mono Fire! Right_bar_bleue
Scorpio Tiger

Mono Fire! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mono Fire!   Mono Fire! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:46 pm

Moved to subforum - Rate My Team
Back to top Go down